Being gluten free I miss a good fish fry! I have found a few restaurants that have gluten free fish fry but often they are fried in soybean oil and I avoid that as well. So when I found this recipe you can imagine my joy! Then when it turned out tasting delicious I was really happy! The original recipe is originally from a Health Partner recipe book.
- 1 lb of haddock cut into 4 portions
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup gf flour-I used brown rice flour
- 2 cups gf cornflakes, you can use rice or corn chex as well
- 3/4 tsp of seasoning-I use lawrys and fisherman’s wharf seafood seasoning
- Position rack in upper third of oven. Preheat oven to 425.
- Place cornflakes in a sealable plastic bag, coarsely grind cornflacks. Transfer to a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, mix the flour, seasoning and salt. In a third shallow dish, place the egg whites.
- Dip the fish in the flour mixture, then in the egg whites and finally coat all the sides with the ground cornflakes. Place on the prepared wire rack. Coat both sides of the breaded fish with cooking spray.
- Bake the fish on the upper oven rack until no longer clear in the center and the breading is golden brown and crisp about 20 minutes.
- Serves 4
I hope you enjoy as much as I do!